Major requirements (76 hours)
Major core (55-61 hours)
- Foundations (12 hours): ART 100(3), 101(3), 110(3), 115(3).
- Studio Core (15 hours): Complete five courses with at least one from each of the three groups below:
- Art History (15 hours): ART 271(3), 272(3); ART 273(3) or 274(3); and six hours art history electives chosen with advisement.
- Senior Exhibition (4 hours): ART 499(4) A presentation of work that reflects the technical, aesthetic, and conceptual issues from the area in which the majority of art course work has been taken. Coursework includes the development of professional artistic practices including resume construction, artist's statements, preparation and installation of an exhibition, development of exhibition proposals, and any additional content deemed relevant to prepare the student for a career in the visual arts. This work must demonstrate the attainment of a level of conceptual and technical maturity judged by a committee of the art studio faculty to meet qualitative standards required for the granting of the BFA degree in Art.
Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of ART 499(4).
- Art and Design Electives (9-15 hours): additional courses from across the Art and Design course offerings in studio, design, art history, art education, or aesthetics (PHI 320(3)) outside of the area of emphasis (option), nine hours of which must be at the 300 level or higher, chosen with approval of advisor, bringing the total number of hours in Art and Design to no fewer than 76. Students with an emphasis in computer animation may use MED 365(3) towards fulfillment of this requirement. ART 200 cannot be used to satisfy this requirement.
Complete one of the following options (Studio Emphasis area):
15-21 hours 300 level or higher required.
3D Studies option:
- Required: ART 212(3), 223(3), 235(3).
- Electives: ART 312(3), 313(6), 314(3-12), 322(3), 323(3), 324(3-12), 335(3), 336(3-9), 399(3-6), 435(3-12).