Scholarships and Financial Aid
The art and design department offers a variety of scholarships. University-wide scholarships have separate guidelines from department scholarships.
Please refer all university scholarship questions to the financial aid office at 417-836-5262.
General application information for all departmental scholarships
- The MSU Annual Scholarship Application is available each year around November 1 and
the deadline is March 1.
- All art and design department scholarships require the submission of a portfolio for
consideration (artwork or written work, depending on the student's major field of
- This selection of work should be submitted with the online application as a PowerPoint
presentation accessible by both Mac and PC (written work—art history essays, for example—may
be uploaded as Word files or PDF). Students wishing to submit animation should contact
Bryan Jennings (BCJennings@MissouriState.edu) for current guidelines. Titles and dates of creative work should be included as
part of the presentation.
- At this time, the only art and design scholarship that requires letters of recommendation
is the Hugh C. and Faith A. Yorty Award for Excellence in the Field of Painting and
- Notification of scholarship decisions will be made in May.