The art and design department offers a variety of scholarships. University-wide scholarships have separate guidelines from department scholarships.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
General application information for all departmental scholarships
- The MSU Annual Scholarship Application is available each year around November 1 and the deadline is March 1.
- All art and design department scholarships require the submission of a portfolio for consideration (artwork or written work, depending on the student's major field of study).
- This selection of work should be submitted with the online application as a PowerPoint presentation accessible by both Mac and PC (written work—art history essays, for example—may be uploaded as Word files or PDF). Students wishing to submit animation should contact Bryan Jennings (BCJennings@MissouriState.edu) for current guidelines. Titles and dates of creative work should be included as part of the presentation.
- At this time, the only art and design scholarship that requires letters of recommendation is the Hugh C. and Faith A. Yorty Award for Excellence in the Field of Painting and Drawing.
- Notification of scholarship decisions will be made in May.
MSU Foundation Scholarships
MSU Foundation Scholarships are made possible through private gifts to the University made by individuals, groups or companies. They are awarded to students each year based on a wide range of criteria: college, major/minor, high school attended, outstanding academic achievement, leadership, financial need, etc.
The Search Tool will allow you to view available scholarships. You may search using keywords or the category search filter option, however you cannot apply for scholarships using the Search Tool.
For more information, including how to apply for all Foundation Scholarship opportunities by the April 1 deadline, please visit the MSU Foundation Scholarships.