Visiting Artists, Designers and Scholars Series
The mission of the Visiting Artists, Designers and Scholars Series is to bring a diverse selection of international, national, and regional talent to Missouri State University and the greater community to broaden public discourse on contemporary and historical art.
The series serves a wide community of citizens and scholars with an ongoing series of stimulating events and programming that explore the evolving nature and significance of art in relation to culture and society.
- Britt Ransom: (Digital Fabrication and Installation), Public Lecture - Monday, September 18, 5:30-6:30pm
- Selina Trepp: (Animation, Painting, and Performance) Public Lecture - Monday, October 2, 5:30-6:30pm
Note: Lectures will be held at held at Jay Wasson IDEA Loft at Robert W Plaster Free Enterprise Center, 405 N Jefferson Ave, Springfield, Missouri.
- Anna Valdez (painting and ceramics)
- Corwin Levi (multidisciplinary art + design)
- Public Sculpture Symposium: J. Aaron Alderman, Jenn Peek, Theda Sandiford
- Monika Weiss (installation, video, performance)
- Larry Gawel (photography)
- Felipe Taborda (graphic design)
- Leticia Bajuyo (sculpture)
- Rachel Youn (sculpture + installation)
- Sizhu Li (installation)
- Bede Clarke (ceramics)
- Terry Barrett (art criticism + art education)
- Naima Lowe (multidisciplinary)
- Erika B. Hess (painting + professional development)
- Rae Senarighi (painting + activism)
- Leslaw Tetla (multidisciplinary)
- Zora Murff (photography)