Sean M. Lyman
Art and Design
Missouri State University
Art and Design
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- 2004 MFA, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- 2001 BFA, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- ART 115 Drawing I
- ART 215 Drawing I
- ART 315 Drawing III
- ART 316 Life Drawing
- ART 225 Painting I
- ART 399 Individual Instruction
Research and professional interests
- Drawing and painting
- 2017 The Overlooked, Newman University, Wichita, KS
- 2015 The Present Unseen, Lander University, Greenwood, SC
- 2012 I.R. Passages, Wild Wood Gallery and Store, Kassel, Germany
- 2010 Initiation Rights, Nice/Nice Exhibition Space, Hannover, Germany
- 2010 Initiation Rights, Kayo Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2010 Rights of Passage, The Norman Hall Gallery, Russellville, AK
Selected Group Exhibitions:
- 2016 Domestic Seen, Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Overland Park, KS
- 2016 3rd Coast National Exhibition, Kspace Contemporary Art Space, Corpus Christi, TX
- 2016 37th Annual Paper In Particular, Columbia College, Columbia, MO
- 2015 3rd Coast National Exhibition, K Space Contemporary Art Space, Corpus Christi, TX
- 2015 Surreal Salon 7, Baton Rouge Gallery-Center for Contemporary Art, Baton Rouge, LA
- Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art at Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS
- Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts, Nebraska City, NE
- Spencer Museum of Art, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Elvehjem Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Ocana, Xavi, ed. “Sean Lyman.” Lamono Magazine, January 2012. Web.
- Ciadella, Pierre, ed. “Sean Lyman.” Ninja Magazine #19 Being Human, January 2011: 106-113.
- Schibli, Alain, ed. "Sean Lyman." Amateur Magazine, July 2010: 14-18. Print.
- VonHolten, Leslie. "Self Manipulation." Lawrence.com. Lawrence.com, 6 Sept. 2006. Web. <http://www.lawrence.com/weblogs/art/2006/sep/06/lyman_olive/>.
- Self, Dana, ed. “Domestic Disturbances.” KC Studio Magazine, January 3, 2017. Web.